WELL, AT LEAST IT’S COOLER IN THE SUMMER DOWN THE BASEMENT

If what I’m reading in the local fish wraps is correct, it seems the Mets have been mathematically eliminated (Hey Kathy and Joe is it time for a sequel? ) for the 2010 season.

It doesn’t look like any big ticket items will be on Jeffey’s credit card this winter, so the question is why go half assed? Why not just blow the whole team up?

As it stands now, only the Nationals stand in the way of the Mets of the Mets hitting rock bottom in the NL East (for the first Stephen Strasburg-Big Pelf match up, I will be going into solitary confinement) so unless Jeffey (Omar is GM emeritus by the way, as he is earning his million a year as being the Skill Sets “Spider”) decides to empty the more bountiful than they lead us to believe, Mets coffers, the only thing we’ll have to look forward to is Alex Cora  player/interim manager bobble head day.

I leave you with this from Bill Madden’ Daily News column:

Mets? Did somebody say the Mets? They won’t spend the money for Holliday, Bay or Lackey and apparently, they’re only interested in signing low-budget Latin players, having shown little or no interest in Byrd, Figgins, DeRosa, Wolf or even Staten Island’s Jason Marquis, while waiting for their markets to come to them. At the same time, the Phillies and Braves wasted no time in addressing their needs. Sad.

Comments

1. I just looked at the 40 man roster………thank God I dont own a gun…I’d be on the floor dead…….just go through it, it’s pathetic…….

2. Hey. Both Omar and Bobby Bonilla are earning $1 Million a year to do nothing. Put them to work- Omar in a water-dunk tank and Booby B as a greeter at the gate to curse out the fans and maybe do a few card tricks.

3. wally dykstra says:

Someone please expalin the rules/logic on this blog and other Mets’ blogs regarding Latin players – when I say omar got his job via affirmative action or call his cough cough ‘plan’ a hispanic utopia, I’m called a racist.

Not trying to stir up shit here – really just want to know what drives someone to give a pass to some metions of the latino ‘thing’ and to jump down someone else’s throat for the latino ‘thing.’

4. wally dykstra says:

Ooops – I spoke to soon. After my first post, I read the original Madden piece on the NY Daily News website, and here’s the first comment I read….

“Wow, did Madden actually write “they’re only interested in signing low-budget Latin players”?! Racism is alive and well at the Daily News! Yet another ignorant comment by a long-time Yankee shill. You’re right, GuiseppeFranco: the Mets will NEVER get fair coverage from this rag of a newspaper.”

Now I feel so reassured knowing that I’m not the only person who gets lambasted for pointing out the truth…

5. Cerrone wrote that some critics are calling the Mets off season “Catcherpalooza”. I caan’t believe madden wrote that about Latin players. I mean, it certainly seems that this has been Omar’s plan from day one, but isn’t that one of those taboo things that you can’t write about? I give Madden credit. Call it what it is. The evidence is beyond overwhelming.

6. I just hit the link to Madden. I think the “Latin” part may have been an editorial add…LOL!!!!

7. The Latin comment caught my eye as well. I don’t think it needed to be reinforced by Madden.

8. kranepool says:

I was more distressed by Madden saying the Mets will not be big players this off season for a big name free agent. As I’ve said a thousand I couldn’t give a shit about a players ethnicity as long as he can play and contribute to a wining team I’m all for him. My concern right now is that the Mets look like a last place team with clueless management.

9. @kranepool – Kranepool you dont care if Omar is a racist and is hiring people because of their ethnicity? I do, especially when they are foreign born players.And that does not make me a racist and anyone that calls me it is the ignorant one.

10. Latin or not, try to get younger players. Enough with the geezers. I hope Omar doesn’t gut the farm system. The next GM needs some chips to play with.

11. kranepool says:

As usual Peter, you are the voice of reason

12. kranepool says:

Paul, Omar may be a lot things but a racist is not one of them.

13. Once again, first thing T.O. said when hired, we need to get younger and more athetic…he has remade them older and dumber…

14. Nah he IS a racist and he has proven it time and time again. If you want to be PC then fine…but let me ask you a question since you have no problem with ethnicity. If Omar signed only white guys owuld you say it is ok?

15. kranepool says:

I’ve defended Frank Cashen who was accused of just bringing in white guys when he ran the Mets as Cashen was far from being a guy who cared about a players race.