MY 2010 ALL STAR GAME SELECTIONS

As a member of the Baseball Bloggers Alliance, I‘ve been asked to make my All-Star selections. The All-Star Game used to be a real big deal a long time ago but now unless it’s played in your city and you are involved in the FanFest and stuff like that, it’s a rather ho-hum three days with out Major League Baseball. I’ve always felt instead of an All Star Game, baseball should make it a 3 Day Festival of Baseball.

You could have a day of an Old Timers Day celebrations at all the ball parks, with each team honoring its history and players of the past by bringing as many former players in  for autograph and picture sessions with the fans. Another day could be a triple header of baseball where the organizations top three farm teams could compete in the big league ball parks. Here in NYC we could have Buffalo-Scranton/Wilkes Barre, Binghamton-Trenton, St. Lucie-Tampa play. Start the first game at 10AM and go from there. It would be a big baseball Block Party. On the third day bring the big league team for a Fan Appreciation Day to let the fans and players mingle together.

I’d much rather have a three day event like that than to see some superstar get one at bat, then climb in his limo for a ride to the airport to get out of town as fast as possible.

Oh well, here are my All-Star sections:

1st base

C

NL Miguel Olivo

AL Joe Mauer

P

NL Ubaldo Jimenez

AL David Price

Comments

1. For some reason, the local cable system here in St Pete carried the Buffalo at Gwinnett (Braves) AAA Teams last night. Buffalo lost 7 – 2 and looked like the ’75 to ’79 Mets.

2. Did you purposely leave out a DH?

3. Michael says:

Scutaro my ass!

4. Scutaro? Bautista? Pagan?

Andrus or Jeter over Scutaro
    Rios over Bautista
    Heyward or Chris Young over Pagan

I still applaud the guts it takes to post your own all-star team list. No one will agree 100%.

5. kranepool says:

Mary I made a boo-boo on the DH I guess it was the fact that I despise the DH but I should have voted for Vlad Guerrero for DH

6. kranepool says:

Rhino,

It was very close between Andrus and Scutaro as I take defense into consideration, hence no Jeter. Bautista is having a career year that’s why he got my vote. As for Pagan, the guy has been sooooo good with the bat and is outstanding defensively. I also went by true positions Young and Heyward will both make the team but Pagan gets my starters vote.

7. kranepool says:

8. Michael says:

Originally Posted By kranepoolMichael, maybe next year for Jeets when he’s a DH. By the way that commercial for Resuce Me where they compare Jeter to a NYC Firefighter is obscene. Next they film an episode outside my building in TriBeca I will hunt down Denis Leary and kick his ass.

I wonder what kind of endorsements Santana is going to get?????????/

9. kranepool says:

I wonder what kind of endorsements Santana is going to get?????????/

Big Bertha ?

Trackbacks

1. [...] DMB Historic World Series Replay Double G Sports Dugger’s Corner The Eddie Kranepool Society [...]

2. [...] G Sports Dugger’s Corner The Eddie Kranepool Society Feeling Dodger [...]